Job Description - Head Housekeeper
To lead the team of Domestic Assistants, including Laundry Assistants, to ensure that the interior of the establishment, furniture, fittings and fixtures are clean, tidy and maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Take the lead and assist the Home Manager to supervise a team of domestic staff to tidy, clean and polish the furniture, fitting and fabric of the establishment to specified standards and frequencies, including using electrical or mechanical aids.
- Take the lead in making suggestions for the improvements of the Domestic team working schedules.
- Formulate and take responsibility for the rota of the Domestic team across the home, with the supervision of management.
- Encourage and facilitate induction training for newly appointed Domestic and Laundry Assistants and provide information to the Home Manager for the appraisal for those staff.
- Take responsibility for the checking of all goods and supplies required by the Domestic team and report shortages and order requirements to the Home Manager.
- Carry out elementary checks of equipment used by the Domestic team, and refer any defects which require attention to the Home Manager.
- Responsibility of supervisions and personal development reviews for domestic staff.
- Attend appropriate training sessions and staff meetings as requested by the Home Manager.
- Adhere to the Health and Safety Manual and be aware of emergency procedures and report hazards to the Home Manager. Respond to emergencies as appropriate.
- Undertake additional duties from time to time within the responsibility level of the post.
General Requirements In addition to the above
There are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the home
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistleblowing policy as required.
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in training activities
- Participation in staff supervision and personal development review
- Participation in quality assurance systems
- Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
- Use of IT and other equipment provided to complete roll to fullest ability possible.
- All duties must be carried out to comply with –
- Notification of accidents and other health and safety requirements
- Statutory legislation, in particular, the health and hygiene regulations
- Nationally and locally agreed codes of good practice
- Fire precautions
- Equal opportunity and the Company’s anti-discriminatory policy
Health and Safety
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.