Job Description - Wellbeing Coordinator
Main Function of Role
- To create a stimulating and developing activity programme to enhance the quality of life for each resident within the Care Home.
- To work with residents, relatives and staff to ensure that residents well-being is at the centre of their daily lives
- To plan, organise and coordinate activities for active daily living for each resident individually and in groups.
- To communicate with relatives around activities and well-being
- Plan and organise an actives programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
- Identify the needs of the collective group and individual and tailor the activities to suit them.
Main duties of the Role
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their daily activity programme
- Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility or physical/learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Support and develop Residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems
- Assist in the promotion of strategies to improve stimulation
- Observe care planning needs for Residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in the framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home
- Under the supervision and guidance of Senior Care Staff, report on the wellbeing of Residents.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Escort Residents travelling to and from the Care Home to activities
- Provide risk assessments for levels of activity
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Residents’ affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Residents.
- Encourage involvement in the local community to plan and organise external outings with appropriate transport.
- Continual Personal Development to develop oneself and the role
- In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service.
- Use all IT and other equipment as provided by the Care Home as fully as possible in the completion of duties.